The Fiancee Visa Process, Simplified.

If you are an American citizen and you want to bring your foreign fiancée to the United States to get married, then you will need to obtain a K-1 fiancée visa. The K-1 visa is also known as a fiancee visa. There are certain qualifications you and your fiancee must meet for your fiancee visa petition to be approved.

First, your K-1 visa petition must be filed with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Certain income requirements will have to be met and you will need to show proof you have met your fiancee in person within the last two years. You both must be free to marry; meaning all divorces or annulments are finalized.

Below are some examples of the information and paperwork you must collect:

  • Letter from you describing your intention to marry your fiancée
  • Valid passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Certificate from the police authorities at all the places your fiancee has lived since the age of 16
  • Evidence of ability to financially support your fiancee
  • Photographs of you and your fiancee together
  • Medical examination reports from an approved physician
  • Divorce decree or death certificate related to a previous marriage (if applicable)

Once your K-1 visa petition is approved by the USCIS, it will be forwarded to the United States Consulate in the country where your fiancée lives. The United States Consulate will then contact your fiancée to schedule an interview.
After the interview at the consulate, the K-1 visa will be issued within a week or so. The fiancee visa process can take anywhere from 5-9 months. Once your fiancée arrives in the United States, you must marry within a period of 90 days. If you don’t marry within the 90 day period, she must return to her home country.

This is a short overview of the fiancee visa process, but it should give you a general idea of just some of the requirements. You can also find information on our website,
Please give us a call at 800-322-3267 (Toll free within the USA) for a Free Consultation. If you’d like to email with questions we would be happy to answer them. You can find the contact page on our Visa site.

The Cherry Blossoms Visa Department

You may not know this, but Cherry Blossoms has a Visa Department!

Our team of experienced specialists are here to help YOU with your US Fiancee or Spousal Visa paperwork. We even do the Adjustment of Status (Green Card).

If you’re ready to take the next step in your relationship, the CB Visa Department is here for you.
If your fiancee or husband is in the USA, have him call for a FREE Consultation:


You can also email: for more information.


Give Love, Get Love, Get Started… Contact us TODAY.
Best wishes of Health, Happiness and Love, CB Staff.
Bringing the World Together, One Couple at a Time…


Traveling To Europe or Asia to Meet Your Fiancée? You Can Find Great Travel Deals



If you’re following the news, current events like the Zika virus scare and economic downturns in Europe and Asia could make traveling overseas a lot cheaper. If you plan on traveling to see your girlfriend or Fiancée, then this may be the time to do it.

Here are some tips to get the best prices:

1. Airline ticket prices often vary by the day of the week and time of day. Usually the middle of the week is cheaper than say the weekend.
Expect prices to go up near holidays or busy seasons like Spring Break or Christmas.

2. Be flexible with your routes. It’s sometimes cheaper to take a domestic airline to a “hub city” like Los Angeles or New York and then switching to a foreign airline.

There is a minor downside to this: you may have to switch your luggage yourself. In other words, get it from the baggage carousel and then take it to the new carrier’s check in desk. This can be a small inconvenience, but sometimes the savings can be substantial.

3. Use several travel sites or travel search engines. You may also be able to contact airlines directly or purchase directly from their websites. For instance, if you’re using a site like Expedia or Priceline you may not always find the lowest fare. Do some research before you buy.

4. Sign up for the airline reward programs. No matter how little you fly, it’s worth it to sign up for these programs- many offer free upgrades.

5. Book your flight early. The “sweet spot” for getting the best price while buying your airline tickets is about 6-8 weeks before you’re looking to travel.

Hope these tips help!

By the way, if you’re traveling to meet your Fiancée we have tips that will make getting your Fiancee Visa a much easier process. Please feel free to call us at Cherry Blossoms and we will be happy to go over the Fiancee Visa or Spousal Visa requirements. You can reach us toll free at 800- 322-3267.

Good luck and happy travels!

Delays Expected For United States Passports

 If you’re plan on traveling internationally this year to see your Cherry Blossoms sweetheart and you need a passport, make sure to start  well in advance of your trip. The reason? There are expected to be a bunch of people renewing their passports this year.

This year (2016) is the 10 year anniversary of the initiative which requires American citizens to have a passports for traveling to Mexico and the Caribbean.

Since there were a large number of passports issued 10 years ago, these passports will need to be renewed this year. This could mean delays for you if you are renewing your passport or planning to get a new passport. Even under normal circumstances it can take a couple of months to get your passport! So be sure to plan ahead!

If you already have a passport make sure it is valid for the dates you expect to travel. Some countries will require your passport to be valid for six months after travel and you may also be required to have a visa for certain countries, so be sure to check with the US State Department before you book your flight:

If you’re looking to renew your passport or getting a new one, you can find passport applications at your local US Post Office. You can also take your official passport photos there, too!

Need a passport in a hurry? Expedited services ARE available and you may be able to get it as quickly as three weeks.  For more information, go to the official US Department of State website at:  

Focus on YOUR Special Day!


Hi CB Friends,


If you’re thinking about getting married to your overseas fiancee, CONGRATULATIONS!

It’s such an exciting and wonderful time- planning the wedding, meeting her family, thinking about the honeymoon.

It can also be a bit of a stressful time, too. Even more so if you need a US Fiancee or Spousal Visa!

If you’re looking to get married, in the US or overseas, we suggest calling the CB Visa Department. We take care of your Fiancee or Spousal Visa paperwork so you can focus on this special time.

Please call us at 1.877.907.8472 for a 100% Free Fiancee or Spousal Visa Consultation!

You can also contact our Visa Department by email at:

This is the most common question we hear:
“How do I get her here in the fastest way possible?”

The answer is, “Do the Paperwork right the 1st Time.”
This is why Cherry Blossoms has a 100% Guarantee!

There is no Magic Potion, no one has some “Special Contact” at the US Embassy- Just do it right the first time!