Online dating has changed drastically over the years. It seems everyone who is single is using online dating to find love. With more options on where to date it seems that middle aged adults, especially men, are looking overseas to find somebody special. Here at Cherry Blossoms we specialize mainly in Asian dating. Our clients are generally Western men looking to date Asian women. Dating online has changed the way people date and now the world is wide open to online dating, but we know there are a few ways to make it even easier.
Avoid these common mistakes when dating online:
1. Not filling out your profile completely. When you make your profile, do the best job you can. How you present yourself online is very important. Try to tell a funny story and show some photos of you doing activities you enjoy. Having a smile on your photo will get more people interested in your profile. Write a good profile just telling your story but don’t tell everything. Keep a little mystery to talk about later.
2. Not leaving your comfort zone. It may be uncomfortable, but nothing will happen unless you put yourself out there. You need to get out of your comfort zone and contact the women you think will be your best matches. Many people are afraid of getting hurt or running into scammers. Get out of your comfort zone and get the conversation started, take your time.
3. Telling lies. Lies are a huge “no no” online, and in any potential relationship. Be confident and honest in your interactions because there is no point in lying. By lying, even little white lies, you will break any bond of trust your date may have had in you. Honesty is the best policy here.
4. Not being proactive. If you wait for someone to find you, instead of looking for a online date yourself, it might never happen. Online dating has evolved to a point where you need to invest time and effort to find your match. Be proactive and actively search and communicate with your matches. Seriously, you miss 100% of the chances you don’t take.
5. Being too picky. Let’s be honest for men online dating and picking a match is based on just the photo a lot of the time. Don’t be to picky. Give potential dates a chance even if they’re not the right height or your “Perfect 10”. The worst that can happen is that you don’t click and you move on. The best case scenario? You find a friend and maybe a lover.
6. You fall in love too soon. When you communicate with someone online, it’s natural to be honest and give trust because you assume they’re a good person, just like you. It’s important to be safe when meeting people online. Take it slow and be mindful about what the other person says and does. It’s ok to not trust someone right away- after all, you’ve just met them! Never send money: we can’t stress this enough. Don’t send money to anyone you haven’t met in person. Report anyone who asks for money.
Don’t give up. I see so many people just give online dating a few days. They get discouraged when they don’t get an immediate response, but don’t put any effort into their profile message, or having a photo.
Online dating does take effort and, I promise you, if you put the effort in, there will be lots of excitement. I am confident that if you keep getting out there and engaging members you will find your match.
Good Luck and Happy Online Dating,