Adjustment of Status (AOS), What next after I file?! (Women)

You are a lovely lady and have just filed your AOS, what happens next… is it a mystery, I THINK NOT!


Shortly after you file the Adjustment of Status (AOS) you will receive 3 notices of receipt from USCIS. These are very important documents as they prove that your AOS has been filed and it is pending. Keep the originals in a safe place a carry photocopies.


1)      Within 30 days from filing you will receive Notices of Action for the Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advance Parole (temporary travel) if applied for.


2)      Within 60 days you will receive an appointment for biometrics (fingerprints) at a USCIS location near you for the Employment Authorization card.


3)      Within 30/60 days from biometrics you will receive the Employment Authorization Card (EAC).  With this card you can obtain your permanent social security card and accept employment legally. Recently USCIS has issued  the EAC as a Combo Card valid for Employment and Advance Parole (temporary travel outside the USA). If so, the card will have printed at the bottom “Serves as Advance Parole.” Please scan/email us a copy of the card so we can confirm this information. Otherwise you will receive a separate Advance Parole card within 3 to 4 months from filing.


4)      Within 6 to 8 months you will receive a Notice of Action for your interview with USCIS for Green Card approval. Both of you need to attend. The card will be mailed shortly thereafter and will be valid for 2 years. You will have to remove the conditional status within the 90 days before expiration by filing another form. In some cases USCIS has waived the requirement of the interview. If this is so for you, they will notify you in writing and your Green Card will be mailed to you.


Please scan/email us USCIS notices of action and  if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.


US Visa Support Staff


Annulment in the Philippines

Please submit the Certificate of Finality and Decree of Absolute Nullity of Marriage recorded in the Office of the Civil Registrar with the court stamp or Annulment Decree from the National Statistics Office as copied below. Final Decision from OCR is not accepted by USCIS or the US Embassy.


Please take note that both LCR and NSO-C.O. should annotate the MS copies at their end.

I’ve Met Her- How Do I Bring Her Home?


Thanks for coming back, Readers! Last week, we explored the first part of meeting your sweetie- even if she’s overseas!

This week, we’d like to touch on HOW YOU BRING HER HOME.

Seems daunting, doesn’t it? It’s a lot easier than you think- Keep reading to find out how!

Continue reading